Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan delves into an exhaustive analysis of Ayat number 102 of Surah Al Baqarah. This Ayat was revealed at the time when black magic became popular and widely practiced, and this was during the time of Sulaiman (AS). many opinions have emanated about the reason for the revelation of this verse as is listed below:
- The Jews thought that Sulaiman (AS) was associated with sorcery and magic. The Quran made sure to deny such vile allegations against Sulaiman (AS).
- These verses condemn the Jews for indulging in black magic themselves.
- Seeing the results of black magic, ignorant people began to confuse its effects with the miracles of the Prophets AS which was unacceptable.
Magic had become a source of misguidance, and Allah sent two angels, Harut and Marut, to inform people about its true nature and its different forms so that people could distinguish it from the miracles of the Prophets. The angels informed the people what they should be careful about and what they should avoid. Many other results can be deduced from this powerful Ayat and warrants an intent listen in order to fully fathom the gravity of the verse.
Series by Nouman Ali Khan
- Amazed by the Quran
- Commanding Good & Forbidding Evil
- Explanation Of Surah Al-Fatihah
- Jesus in the Quran
- Ramadan 2018
- Ramadan 2019 Gems
- Reflections On Surah Yaseen
- Reminders of the Last 10 Nights
- Story of Musa and Khidr
- Studying Surah Al Mulk
- Surah Al-Baqarah
- Surah Yusuf
- Tafsir of Juz Amma
- That's Messed Up
- The Attacks Of The Devil
- The Ayah of Ramadan
- The Gulf Tour
- When Muslims Work Together
- Ramadan 2017 With The Quran
About Nouman Ali Khan
Nouman Ali Khan is the founder and CEO of Bayyinah and serves as a lead instructor for several programs including Dream, traveling seminars and Bayyinah TV. His serious Arabic training began in the U.S. in 1999 under Dr. Abdus-Samie, founder and former principal of Quran College in Faisalabad, Pakistan.
Nouman served as a professor of Arabic at Nassau Community College until 2006 when he decided to take Bayyinah on as a full-time project. Since then he has taught more than 10,000 students through traveling seminars and programs. He currently resides in Dallas, Texas and is focusing on teaching his students, developing Arabic curricula and filming material for Bayyinah TV.