Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan elaborates on how Satan attacks us from the left side.
The basic idea that is postulated by the scholars is that right is associated with the good and left is for that which is bad which means it makes us lazy, delaying doing good things, etc. What keeps us connected to Allah is the acts of worship, remembrance of Allah, our desire to seek forgiveness from Allah for our sins.
Shaytan attacks from the left by:
- Removing your motivation to engage in beneficial acts by slowing your ability to do good things. This way he has room to fill up your heart with bad things.
- Eliminating the remembrance of Allah from your life so that you are not alarmed in Haram situations and to then fill your heart with despair.
- By beautifying sins for you and pulling you towards his direction (the left). Ultimately deviating you from the path of Allah.
- To convince us that you have no respect, that you are filthy and invaluable in the eyes of Allah.
- Greed and Wanting more than just the blessings of Allah.
- Once he gets you evolved in sin, he’ll keep you thereby convincing you that you need it.
Series by Nouman Ali Khan
- Amazed by the Quran
- Commanding Good & Forbidding Evil
- Explanation Of Surah Al-Fatihah
- Jesus in the Quran
- Ramadan 2018
- Ramadan 2019 Gems
- Reflections On Surah Yaseen
- Reminders of the Last 10 Nights
- Story of Musa and Khidr
- Studying Surah Al Mulk
- Surah Al-Baqarah
- Surah Yusuf
- Tafsir of Juz Amma
- That's Messed Up
- The Attacks Of The Devil
- The Ayah of Ramadan
- The Gulf Tour
- When Muslims Work Together
- Ramadan 2017 With The Quran
About Nouman Ali Khan
Nouman Ali Khan is the founder and CEO of Bayyinah and serves as a lead instructor for several programs including Dream, traveling seminars and Bayyinah TV. His serious Arabic training began in the U.S. in 1999 under Dr. Abdus-Samie, founder and former principal of Quran College in Faisalabad, Pakistan.
Nouman served as a professor of Arabic at Nassau Community College until 2006 when he decided to take Bayyinah on as a full-time project. Since then he has taught more than 10,000 students through traveling seminars and programs. He currently resides in Dallas, Texas and is focusing on teaching his students, developing Arabic curricula and filming material for Bayyinah TV.