Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan elaborates on how Satan attacks us from the left side.
The basic idea that is postulated by the scholars is that right is associated with the good and left is for that which is bad which means it makes us lazy, delaying doing good things, etc. What keeps us connected to Allah is the acts of worship, remembrance of Allah, our desire to seek forgiveness from Allah for our sins.
Shaytan attacks from the left by:
- Removing your motivation to engage in beneficial acts by slowing your ability to do good things. This way he has room to fill up your heart with bad things.
- Eliminating the remembrance of Allah from your life so that you are not alarmed in Haram situations and to then fill your heart with despair.
- By beautifying sins for you and pulling you towards his direction (the left). Ultimately deviating you from the path of Allah.
- To convince us that you have no respect, that you are filthy and invaluable in the eyes of Allah.
- Greed and Wanting more than just the blessings of Allah.
- Once he gets you evolved in sin, he’ll keep you thereby convincing you that you need it.