Shaykh Yasir Qadhi divulges details on the happenings of the 9th year of Hijrah which is also called the ‘ Year of Delegations’. It is not as if delegations did not happen prior to this, but this year was special as the number had reached large numbers.
What comprises a delegation? It is when a tribe sends a representative to negotiate with the Prophet ﷺ on their eagerness to embrace Islam or not.
There are 15 delegations of interest and are discussed elaborately. Some of the delegations discussed in this lecture are:
- Abdul Qais – the Christian tribe who lived close to modern day Bahrain.
- Banu Sa’d ibn Bakr the tribe of Haleema RA.
- Banu Amr ibn Sa’sa – the tribe that was responsible for the well of Bir Maoona
- Tamim ad Dari – a christian from a northern tribe.
There is also an interesting miracle that transpired when the tribe of Muzayana came to embrace Islam and the Prophet ﷺ asked Umar RA to refill their food supplies. What was this miracle? Listen intently as Shaykh Yasir answers.
Series by Yasir Qadhi
- 10 Deeds to Jannah
- Ask Shaykh YQ
- Dua The Weapon of The Believer
- Fiqh of Marriage
- Fiqh of Worship
- Kitab At-Tawheed
- Lives Of The Sahaba
- Mothers of the Believers
- Ramadan 2014 - Tafsir Surah Al-Fatiha
- Ramadan 2015 - Quranic Gems
- Ramadan 2019 - Quranic Duas
- Tafseer Surah Al Kahf
- Tafsir of Surah Yusuf
- The Book of Du'a From Sahih Al-Bukhari
- The Day of Judgement
- The Life in The Barzakh
- The Message of The Quran
- Towards Understanding Surah Yusuf
- Understanding The Traditions of The Signs of Judgement Day
- Ramadan 2016 - Beautiful Names Of Allah
- Ramadan 2017 - Pearls From The Quran
- The Branches of Faith
About Yasir Qadhi
Yasir Qadhi was born in Houston, Texas and completed his primary and secondary education in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He graduated with a B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Houston, after which he was accepted as a student at the Islamic University of Madinah. After completing a diploma in Arabic, he graduated with a B.A. from the College of Hadith and Islamic Sciences. Thereafter, he completed a M.A. in Islamic Theology from the College of Dawah, after which he returned to America and completed his doctorate, in Religious Studies, from Yale University. Currently he is teaching at Rhodes College, in Memphis, TN.