Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan delivers an amazing lecture that deals with the Devil’s obsession with comparison.
Lessons from this lecture:
- Iblees said that he is better than Adam (AS) since he is made from fire and Adam (AS) from clay, which led to Shirk. As it is Allah who decides who is better than anyone among us and we don’t have any basis of comparison.
- Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this dunya as this is not your job to do, your sustenance is in Allah’s hands and you won’t get anything more or less as what is decided.
- Comparing in materialistic items as those of clothes, income, cars, home, etc will lead to arrogance which will lead to jealousy and thus this is what Iblees wants from all of us to fight and holds grudges among ourselves.
- You are not superior when compared with anyone else.
- If Allah gave you knowledge, fame, money, power, etc, don’t consider it as a sign that Allah loves you more than anyone else.
- If you have thoughts like “Why someone else is happy”, “Why he earns more than me”, “How can he be successful and I am not”, then seek refuge from shaytan and read and recite Surah Al-Falaq and ask Allah for help.
May Allah protect us from jealousy and hasad and ask for the success for all people in this dunya and akhirah as well.