Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan delivers an amazing lecture that deals with the Devil’s obsession with comparison.
Lessons from this lecture:
- Iblees said that he is better than Adam (AS) since he is made from fire and Adam (AS) from clay, which led to Shirk. As it is Allah who decides who is better than anyone among us and we don’t have any basis of comparison.
- Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this dunya as this is not your job to do, your sustenance is in Allah’s hands and you won’t get anything more or less as what is decided.
- Comparing in materialistic items as those of clothes, income, cars, home, etc will lead to arrogance which will lead to jealousy and thus this is what Iblees wants from all of us to fight and holds grudges among ourselves.
- You are not superior when compared with anyone else.
- If Allah gave you knowledge, fame, money, power, etc, don’t consider it as a sign that Allah loves you more than anyone else.
- If you have thoughts like “Why someone else is happy”, “Why he earns more than me”, “How can he be successful and I am not”, then seek refuge from shaytan and read and recite Surah Al-Falaq and ask Allah for help.
May Allah protect us from jealousy and hasad and ask for the success for all people in this dunya and akhirah as well.
Series by Nouman Ali Khan
- Amazed by the Quran
- Commanding Good & Forbidding Evil
- Explanation Of Surah Al-Fatihah
- Jesus in the Quran
- Ramadan 2018
- Ramadan 2019 Gems
- Reflections On Surah Yaseen
- Reminders of the Last 10 Nights
- Story of Musa and Khidr
- Studying Surah Al Mulk
- Surah Al-Baqarah
- Surah Yusuf
- Tafsir of Juz Amma
- That's Messed Up
- The Attacks Of The Devil
- The Ayah of Ramadan
- The Gulf Tour
- When Muslims Work Together
- Ramadan 2017 With The Quran
About Nouman Ali Khan
Nouman Ali Khan is the founder and CEO of Bayyinah and serves as a lead instructor for several programs including Dream, traveling seminars and Bayyinah TV. His serious Arabic training began in the U.S. in 1999 under Dr. Abdus-Samie, founder and former principal of Quran College in Faisalabad, Pakistan.
Nouman served as a professor of Arabic at Nassau Community College until 2006 when he decided to take Bayyinah on as a full-time project. Since then he has taught more than 10,000 students through traveling seminars and programs. He currently resides in Dallas, Texas and is focusing on teaching his students, developing Arabic curricula and filming material for Bayyinah TV.