Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan reflects on that passage of the Qur’an which is at the end of Suratul Furqan. In this passage, Allah SWT gives us, people, a special title. And that title is “Wa ‘Ibaadur-Rahman”. This means slaves of the Incredibly Merciful, the Incredibly Loving.
“And the slaves of the Most Beneficent (Allah) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. And those who spend the night before their Lord, prostrate and standing. And those who say: “Our Lord! Avert from us the torment of Hell. Verily! Its torment is ever an inseparable, permanent punishment.”
[Surah Al-Furqan, Verses 63-65]
And of all the many titles we could have been addressed, Allah has chosen one specific title for us in this Surah which is “Ibadur-Rahman”. And so, the relationship that has been described between us and Allah in this Ayah of Surah Al Furqan is one of love, care, and mercy; we have been brought into the folds of Allah’s love, care, and mercy.
Who are these special people that Allah calls “‘Ibadur-Rahman”? The category of ‘Ibad Ur-rahman are as follows:
- Those who walk on the earth in humility.
- Those who spend their night before their master in Sajdah and standing.
- Those who pray to be avoided from Jahannam.
- Those who don’t overspend and don’t be cheap with money.
- Those who don’t call other God besides Allah, don’t kill anyone and don’t commit adultery.
- Those who make Tawbah and stay in good way.
- Those who don’t witness falsehood.
- Those who pass by a useless gathering in a dignified way.
- Those who do not ignore the reminder.
- Those who make dua to have ‘the coolness of their eyes’ from their family.
- Those who are patient.
Series by Nouman Ali Khan
- Amazed by the Quran
- Commanding Good & Forbidding Evil
- Explanation Of Surah Al-Fatihah
- Jesus in the Quran
- Ramadan 2018
- Ramadan 2019 Gems
- Reflections On Surah Yaseen
- Reminders of the Last 10 Nights
- Story of Musa and Khidr
- Studying Surah Al Mulk
- Surah Al-Baqarah
- Surah Yusuf
- Tafsir of Juz Amma
- That's Messed Up
- The Attacks Of The Devil
- The Ayah of Ramadan
- The Gulf Tour
- When Muslims Work Together
- Ramadan 2017 With The Quran
About Nouman Ali Khan
Nouman Ali Khan is the founder and CEO of Bayyinah and serves as a lead instructor for several programs including Dream, traveling seminars and Bayyinah TV. His serious Arabic training began in the U.S. in 1999 under Dr. Abdus-Samie, founder and former principal of Quran College in Faisalabad, Pakistan.
Nouman served as a professor of Arabic at Nassau Community College until 2006 when he decided to take Bayyinah on as a full-time project. Since then he has taught more than 10,000 students through traveling seminars and programs. He currently resides in Dallas, Texas and is focusing on teaching his students, developing Arabic curricula and filming material for Bayyinah TV.