Shaykh Yasir Qadhi discusses about what transpired in verses 13 to 20 and how Yusuf AS was deserted in a far away land.
The brothers of Yusuf AS throw him into the depths of the well. He was completely taken by surprise but the brothers ridiculed him,tortured him. They showed no pity for the six year old Yusuf AS.
The brothers came back late at night after committing the heinous crime with fake tears in their eyes. They also brought forth a shirt of Yusuf soaked in blood. As soon as Yaqub AS saw the shirt, he knew it was a lie as the shirt was not torn at all. Yaqub AS swore to bear patience in the wake of this tragedy and to turn to Allah who will protect him in the wake of these trials.
Allah SWT comforted the child Yusuf AS about the outcome of this trial:
- He will be reunited with his brethren.
- The brothers will not recognize him.
- He will be the one to tell them about him.
- He will be in a position of power and they will be weak.
The next part of the lecture is about the rescue of Yusuf AS and is something not to be missed at any cost.
Series by Yasir Qadhi
- 10 Deeds to Jannah
- Ask Shaykh YQ
- Dua The Weapon of The Believer
- Fiqh of Marriage
- Fiqh of Worship
- Kitab At-Tawheed
- Lives Of The Sahaba
- Mothers of the Believers
- Ramadan 2014 - Tafsir Surah Al-Fatiha
- Ramadan 2015 - Quranic Gems
- Ramadan 2019 - Quranic Duas
- Tafseer Surah Al Kahf
- Tafsir of Surah Yusuf
- The Book of Du'a From Sahih Al-Bukhari
- The Day of Judgement
- The Life in The Barzakh
- The Message of The Quran
- Towards Understanding Surah Yusuf
- Understanding The Traditions of The Signs of Judgement Day
- Ramadan 2016 - Beautiful Names Of Allah
- Ramadan 2017 - Pearls From The Quran
- The Branches of Faith
About Yasir Qadhi
Yasir Qadhi was born in Houston, Texas and completed his primary and secondary education in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He graduated with a B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Houston, after which he was accepted as a student at the Islamic University of Madinah. After completing a diploma in Arabic, he graduated with a B.A. from the College of Hadith and Islamic Sciences. Thereafter, he completed a M.A. in Islamic Theology from the College of Dawah, after which he returned to America and completed his doctorate, in Religious Studies, from Yale University. Currently he is teaching at Rhodes College, in Memphis, TN.