Shaykh Dr. Yasir Qadhi acquaints us with the reality of Jinn in the Qur’an and Sunnah.
What is meant by Jinn? What are the roots of Jinns? The mysteries surrounding these smokeless creations are elucidated upon in explicit detail.
Characteristics of Jinn:
Jinn was created before man.From what is it created? We have proofs in the Qur’an that Jinns are formed from Maarij Naar and Naar As Samooh.they do not have a particular shape or form and hence, take any shape they choose. They can enter our paradigm of living but we cannot do the same.They marry and have children. They also eat and drink. The speed and strength of Jinns is much stronger than man and they possess the capability to transform matter into energy and vice versa. They have much longer lives than and are much more in quantity than man.
The story of Prophet Sulaiman RA and the Queen of Sheba is explained to highlight the aspect of Jinns. All the Jinns were subservient to Prophet Sulaiman RA. It makes for a very interesting listen.
Intellectual characteristics of Jinns:
- They possess much less wisdom than man.
- Iblis and his progeny have an inferiority complex towards man.
- They eavesdrop on the angels.
Forms of Jinn:
- Some are in the form of snakes and dogs.
- Some are flying in the air.
- Some camp and then go away.
What is an Ifreet of a Jinn? It is a type of Jinn that has strength above that of other Jinns. The reality of Ghoul is also a topic that is touched base upon.
Series by Yasir Qadhi
- 10 Deeds to Jannah
- Ask Shaykh YQ
- Dua The Weapon of The Believer
- Fiqh of Marriage
- Fiqh of Worship
- Kitab At-Tawheed
- Lives Of The Sahaba
- Mothers of the Believers
- Ramadan 2014 - Tafsir Surah Al-Fatiha
- Ramadan 2015 - Quranic Gems
- Ramadan 2019 - Quranic Duas
- Tafseer Surah Al Kahf
- Tafsir of Surah Yusuf
- The Book of Du'a From Sahih Al-Bukhari
- The Day of Judgement
- The Life in The Barzakh
- The Message of The Quran
- Towards Understanding Surah Yusuf
- Understanding The Traditions of The Signs of Judgement Day
- Ramadan 2016 - Beautiful Names Of Allah
- Ramadan 2017 - Pearls From The Quran
- The Branches of Faith
About Yasir Qadhi
Yasir Qadhi was born in Houston, Texas and completed his primary and secondary education in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He graduated with a B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Houston, after which he was accepted as a student at the Islamic University of Madinah. After completing a diploma in Arabic, he graduated with a B.A. from the College of Hadith and Islamic Sciences. Thereafter, he completed a M.A. in Islamic Theology from the College of Dawah, after which he returned to America and completed his doctorate, in Religious Studies, from Yale University. Currently he is teaching at Rhodes College, in Memphis, TN.