Shaykh Yasir Qadhi delivers a beautiful lecture on one of the most persistent topics in Islam that needs to be given prime importance and that is the topic of Husnu Akhlaq or good manners.
What do u mean by Akhlaq? There are three categories in this regard:
- Akhlaq that is shown towards Allah
- Akhlaq that is shown towards others
- Akhlaq that is shown towards oneself.
The Shaykh summarises the 7 simple blessings of Akhlaq in the light of the Qur’an and the Sunnah. They are as follows:
- Comprehensive advice on perfection of good manners always, for instance,do not get angry.
- The advice given to Muadh Ibn Jabal on maintaining Taqwa and having the best manners side by side.
- No blessing is better than good manners. Good manners and long silence should always be advocate for a successful life.
- Having good manners is a sign of Iman.
- Allah loves those with good Akhlaq and there can be no better substitute for this love.
- Akhlaq is the weightiest thing in the Meezan after Iman (Taqwa).
- In a Hadith, the Prophet ﷺ has promised the person who shows impeccable akhlaq, the most proximity to him on the Day of Judgement.
The main audience of the akhlaq is always one’s own family and hence it is binding upon us to show the most excellent example of Akhlaq amongst your loved ones.