Shaykh Yasir Qadhi now moves on to discuss the life and personality of one of the most favorite wives of the Prophet ﷺ – Aisha Bint Abu Bakr RA.
Aisha Bint Abu Bakr RA was the daughter of Abu Bakr As Siddiq RA who was the beloved companion of the Prophet ﷺ. Her mother was Umm Ruman. She was from the Banu Taym tribe. She had 2 sisters – Asma Bint Abu Bakr RA and Umm Kulthum RA. She had 2 brothers – Muhammad Ibn Abu BAkr and Abdul Rahman Bin Abu Bakr RA. She was a tall and pretty lady. She was married to the Prophet ﷺ at the age of 6 and the marriage was consummated at the age of 9 as per authentic Hadiths.
How did this marriage take place? This marriage happened due to the matchmaking efforts of Khawlah Bint Hakim. What was the impediment in this union? Listen intently to discover the details. The Prophet ﷺ married Aisha RA a year after his marriage to Sawda RA and in the month of Shawwal, IH, the consummation takes place. The Mahr was ascertained at 50 dirhams. The love that the Prophet ﷺ had for Aisha RA superseded that for the other wives and this set into place, unhappiness and discord amongst the rest of the wives.
They decided to bring this matter to the fore by addressing the same to the Prophet ﷺ by various petitions from Fatima RA and Zaynab Bint Jahsh RA. After seeking permission form her husband, Aisha RA gives a befitting reply to Zaynab RA . What does the Prophet ﷺ say to Zaynab when this happens? It is a very interesting incident. Do listen intently. When Umme Salama came next with another petition, the Prophet ﷺ said a statement that ended all these complaints altogether. What must have been the statement?
Some of the blessings that Aisha RA enjoys above others are as follows:
- She was the only virgin that the Prophet ﷺ married.
- She is the only one whose both parents are Muhajirs.
- Her innocence during the slander incident has been revealed from the Heavens itself.
- She was the only one with whom the Prophet ﷺ would take Ghusl from the same container and no other wife enjoyed this privilege.
- Allah’s Wahi would come down only when he was with Aisha RA and no other wife.
- The Prophet ﷺ breathed his last when his face was between her neck and chest and is buried in her house.
Series by Yasir Qadhi
- 10 Deeds to Jannah
- Ask Shaykh YQ
- Dua The Weapon of The Believer
- Fiqh of Marriage
- Fiqh of Worship
- Kitab At-Tawheed
- Lives Of The Sahaba
- Mothers of the Believers
- Ramadan 2014 - Tafsir Surah Al-Fatiha
- Ramadan 2015 - Quranic Gems
- Ramadan 2019 - Quranic Duas
- Tafseer Surah Al Kahf
- Tafsir of Surah Yusuf
- The Book of Du'a From Sahih Al-Bukhari
- The Day of Judgement
- The Life in The Barzakh
- The Message of The Quran
- Towards Understanding Surah Yusuf
- Understanding The Traditions of The Signs of Judgement Day
- Ramadan 2016 - Beautiful Names Of Allah
- Ramadan 2017 - Pearls From The Quran
- The Branches of Faith
About Yasir Qadhi
Yasir Qadhi was born in Houston, Texas and completed his primary and secondary education in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He graduated with a B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Houston, after which he was accepted as a student at the Islamic University of Madinah. After completing a diploma in Arabic, he graduated with a B.A. from the College of Hadith and Islamic Sciences. Thereafter, he completed a M.A. in Islamic Theology from the College of Dawah, after which he returned to America and completed his doctorate, in Religious Studies, from Yale University. Currently he is teaching at Rhodes College, in Memphis, TN.