Shaykh Yasir Qadhi continues his discussion of purification of oneself.
Taharah is the removal of spiritual and physical impurities. He also discusses the containers for performing Taharah. Every single container which is pure in itself is allowed to be used for purification except those made of gold and silver.
Next in the discussion is the etiquette of using restrooms. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Do it in seclusion or conceal oneself.
- Say the Dua before entering the restrooms.
- Enter the restroom by putting the left foot in.
- Say Ghufranaka when leaving the restroom.
- It is prohibited to face the Qibla or turn your back to the Qiblah.
- Never wash your private parts with the right hand.
- Wash your private parts an odd number of times.
The procedure to perform Wudu is discussed next also citing support from the Qur’an in Surah Maidah, verse 6.
Arkan of Wudu:
- Intention or Niyyah.
- Washing the face
- Wash the hands up to the elbows.
- Wipe the head
- Wash your feet up to the ankles.
- Do it in the correct order.
The Sunnah of the Wudu:
- Saying Bismillah when beginning the Wudu.
- Doing the acts of Wudu three times except the wiping of the head.