Shaykh Yasir Qadhi discusses the fiqh of marriage while explicitly elucidating the conditions and procedure of marriage.
Marriage is Mustahab and is a Sunnah. It becomes obligatory when he fears he might commit Haram.
Conditions and procedure of marriage:
- Bride and groom must be specified.
- Both the bride and the groom should give consent for marriage.
- The Wali should approve of the marriage.
- Two witnesses should be present during the marriage contract.
- There be no actual preventive factors.
What nullifies a marriage?
- Temporary marriage.
- Marriage where one substitutes partners.
- Marrying to make first wife Halal for the husband.
Who is the Wali and what is his status in a marriage? What is Mahr? Shaykh Yasir Qadhi answers.