Shaykh Yasir Qadhi discusses the fiqh of marriage while explicitly elucidating the conditions and procedure of marriage.
Marriage is Mustahab and is a Sunnah. It becomes obligatory when he fears he might commit Haram.
Conditions and procedure of marriage:
- Bride and groom must be specified.
- Both the bride and the groom should give consent for marriage.
- The Wali should approve of the marriage.
- Two witnesses should be present during the marriage contract.
- There be no actual preventive factors.
What nullifies a marriage?
- Temporary marriage.
- Marriage where one substitutes partners.
- Marrying to make first wife Halal for the husband.
Who is the Wali and what is his status in a marriage? What is Mahr? Shaykh Yasir Qadhi answers.
Series by Yasir Qadhi
- 10 Deeds to Jannah
- Ask Shaykh YQ
- Dua The Weapon of The Believer
- Fiqh of Marriage
- Fiqh of Worship
- Kitab At-Tawheed
- Lives Of The Sahaba
- Mothers of the Believers
- Ramadan 2014 - Tafsir Surah Al-Fatiha
- Ramadan 2015 - Quranic Gems
- Ramadan 2019 - Quranic Duas
- Tafseer Surah Al Kahf
- Tafsir of Surah Yusuf
- The Book of Du'a From Sahih Al-Bukhari
- The Day of Judgement
- The Life in The Barzakh
- The Message of The Quran
- Towards Understanding Surah Yusuf
- Understanding The Traditions of The Signs of Judgement Day
- Ramadan 2016 - Beautiful Names Of Allah
- Ramadan 2017 - Pearls From The Quran
- The Branches of Faith
About Yasir Qadhi
Yasir Qadhi was born in Houston, Texas and completed his primary and secondary education in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He graduated with a B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Houston, after which he was accepted as a student at the Islamic University of Madinah. After completing a diploma in Arabic, he graduated with a B.A. from the College of Hadith and Islamic Sciences. Thereafter, he completed a M.A. in Islamic Theology from the College of Dawah, after which he returned to America and completed his doctorate, in Religious Studies, from Yale University. Currently he is teaching at Rhodes College, in Memphis, TN.