Shaykh Yasir Qadhi extrapolates for us the recommended timings of Dua, the factors that increase and decrease the chance of getting a Dua accepted.
The recommended timings of Dua:
- Dua in the last third of the night.
- Dua when the Adhan is called.
- Dua between the Adhan And the Iqamah.
- Dua while prostrating.
- After Al Fatihah.
- Dua during the Night of Decree.
- Dua at Safa and Marwa.
- Dua on the Day of Arafah.
Conditions during which Dua is answered:
- The person who has been wronged.
- The one in severe circumstances.
- After a calamity.
- The traveller.
- The father against or for his son.
- The one who is fasting or performing Hajj, Umrah or Jihad.
The factors that increase the chances of a Dua being answered:
- Utmost sincerity and expecting the best from Allah.
- Doing good deeds and fulfilling the rights of the parents.
- Repenting from previous sins.
- Dua at holy places.
The factors that decrease the chances or prevent the Dua from being answered:
- Haram Sustenance
- Being hasty and becoming tired.
- Asking for something prohibited.
- Abandoning the etiquette of Dua.