Shaykh Yasir Qadhi now moves on to discuss at length about the preconditions of Dua, the etiquettes of Dua and the acts that are disliked during Dua.
Some of the preconditions of Dua are as follows:
- The realisation that only Allah responds to the Dua we make.
- Sincerity in Dua to Allah alone.
- To perform Tawassul properly.
- Dua for things that are good and to have good intentions.
- Prayer upon the Prophet ﷺ.
- That the Dua doesn’t interfere with something important.
Some of the etiquettes of Dua :
- Praising Allah SWT before the Dua and praying upon the Prophet SAW.
- Raising one’s hands while making Dua.
- Facing the Qiblah
- Performing Wudu.
- To expect the best from Allah.
- To pray with humility and fear and to complain only to Allah.
- To say Aameen.
Some of the acts that are discouraged during Dua:
- Poetry in Dua.
- Transgressions in Dua.
- To pray for matters of this world only.
- Dua to expedite punishment.
- Dua for evil and hastiness in Dua.
- To imply that one will not ask anything else.
- To look upwards while making Dua.
- To rely on others to make Dua.