Shaykh Yasir Qadhi provides an elaborate insight into the signs and the concept of the Judgement Day in this amazing lecture.
Understanding the concept of the Day of Judgement and its signs awakens us to the reality of the actual Day of Qiyamah.
Of the needs to study about the concept of Judgement Day are as follows:
- It makes us appreciate the truthfulness of our Noble Prophet ﷺ.
- The signs of the Judgement Day makes us take precautions and take care to prepare for the Day of Qiyamah.
- It gives us a sense of comfort.
The Signs of the Day of Judgement can be categorised as follows:
- Based on a particular incident or a general trend.
- Based on division into Major Signs (10 of them) and Minor Signs.
The Major Signs of the Day of Judgement are as follows:
- The Dukhan – The Dust
- The Daabbah – The Beast
- The rising of the sun from the west
- Coming down of Isa AS
- Yajooj and Majooj
- Three Zalazil or earthquakes
- A blazing Fire that will emanate in Yemen
Some of the more significant of the Minor Signs are as follows as per the book Kitab ul Fitan :
- The Birth of Prophet Muhammad ﷺ
- The Sahaba would themselves fight one another
- The Prophet ﷺ predicted the Battle of Siffin
- The Prophet ﷺ predicted this when Ammar Ibn Yasir RA was being tortured – He said that a lady would come from Sanaa with her flock of sheep and she would bring peace and security in the nethers.
Series by Yasir Qadhi
Subscribe to Yasir Qadhi
About Yasir Qadhi
Yasir Qadhi was born in Houston, Texas and completed his primary and secondary education in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He graduated with a B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Houston, after which he was accepted as a student at the Islamic University of Madinah. After completing a diploma in Arabic, he graduated with a B.A. from the College of Hadith and Islamic Sciences. Thereafter, he completed a M.A. in Islamic Theology from the College of Dawah, after which he returned to America and completed his doctorate, in Religious Studies, from Yale University. Currently he is teaching at Rhodes College, in Memphis, TN.