Shaykh Yasir Qadhi now delves into a very interesting and mesmerising topic which is the miracles of the Prophet ﷺ.
What is a mu’jiza or a miracle? A mu’jiza is anything that the remainder of mankind is incapable of recreating and it is something that we are unaccustomed to. It proves the claim of Prophethood to a large extent but it is not the only factor for designating oneself as a Prophet. It is the sunnah of Allah that he has sent Prophets with miracles to reassert the fact that the human who is a Prophet has been sent down by Allah SWT.
Imam al Bayhaqi accounts around 1000 miracles that have occurred in the life of the Prophet ﷺ. Hatim ibn Hajar, the master of hadith, quotes Imam Nawawi that there are approximately 1200 miracles documented from the Messenger of Allah ﷺ.
There are 10 categories of miracles that transpired in the life of the Prophet ﷺ:
- Miracles related to inanimate objects.
- Miracles with animals.
- Miracles with food and water.
- Allah’s protection given to the Prophet ﷺ.
- Knowledge of the unseen given to the Prophet ﷺ.
- Predictions of the future.
- The healing of the Prophet ﷺ.
- Immediate response to his Dua.
- Stories of the previous Prophets.