Shaykh Yasir Qadhi recaps for us the previous lectures in the series and in particular we reacquaint ourselves with some of the benefits that can be extracted from the battle of Hunayn and the siege of Ta’if:
- Trust in Allah should be at the forefront and the basis of every victory about which the Muslims had a brief lapse.
- Being drawn towards worldly desires, power, ambition and wealth is a given with mankind as was even shown in the case of the Ansar when the Ghaneema was being distributed.
- The mode of action that should be adopted when dealing with past offences.
- Thorough understanding of the human psychology is paramount as was also exhibited by the Prophet ﷺ.
- The topic of the prisoners of war and subsequently the issue of slavery in Islam.
- The conversion of Ka’b ibn Zuhair to Islam after the battle of Hunayn.
Very clear laws have been stated with regards to slavery such as:
- Islam only allowed one source of slaves – prisoners of wars who weren’t ransomed.
- Legislated proper treatment of the slaves.
What was the impact of the battle of Hunayn and Ta’if?
- A clear victory in hijaz with the entire tribe converting to Islam.
- Complete abolishment of Idolatry such that it resulted in the annihilation of shirk completely from Arabia and within 22 years of the Prophethood of the Prophet ﷺ.
- Conversion of the entire tribe to Islam.