Shaykh Yasir Qadhi gives profound explanations on chapters 24 till 27 from the book – Kitaab At Tawheed.
Chapter 24 deals with the topic of sorcery or As-Sihr. The topics on which light is shed are – explanation of the verse in Al-Baqarah (2:102), explanation of the verse in An-Nisa (4:51), the meaning of Al-Jibt and At-Taghut and the difference between the two,sorcerers or magicians being disbelievers (Kafir), the sorcerers and magicians should be executed and no repentance is accepted and similar topics.
Chapter 25 deals with the topic of the types of sorcery. Here we get acquainted with the following topics:
- Al-lyafah, At-Tarq, At-Tiyarah are three kinds of Al-Jibt (sorcery).
- Al-lyafah, and At-Tarq are explained.
- Astrology too is a kind of sorcery.
- Tying knots and blowing over them is also sorcery.
- An-Namimah (tale bearing, backbiting) is also a form of sorcery.
Chapter 26 deals with the topic of soothsayers and the likes of them. here the following points are considered:
- Belief in a Kahin and faith in the Qur’an cannot coexist.
- Declaration that to do so (i.e. believe in a Kahin) is disbelief.
- Mention of the one whose fortune is told, of the one for whom an omen is sought, of the one for whom sorcery is done.
- Mention of the one who learns Abjad (use of alphabet in soothsaying or astrology) and the difference between the Kahin and the ‘Arraf.
Chapter 27 deals with the topic of curing through magical spells (An-Nushrah). Here some of the topics that come to the fore are – the prohibition of An-Nushrah and the difference between the prohibited and what is permitted for the removal of such problems.
Series by Yasir Qadhi
- 10 Deeds to Jannah
- Ask Shaykh YQ
- Dua The Weapon of The Believer
- Fiqh of Marriage
- Fiqh of Worship
- Kitab At-Tawheed
- Lives Of The Sahaba
- Mothers of the Believers
- Ramadan 2014 - Tafsir Surah Al-Fatiha
- Ramadan 2015 - Quranic Gems
- Ramadan 2019 - Quranic Duas
- Tafseer Surah Al Kahf
- Tafsir of Surah Yusuf
- The Book of Du'a From Sahih Al-Bukhari
- The Day of Judgement
- The Life in The Barzakh
- The Message of The Quran
- Towards Understanding Surah Yusuf
- Understanding The Traditions of The Signs of Judgement Day
- Ramadan 2016 - Beautiful Names Of Allah
- Ramadan 2017 - Pearls From The Quran
- The Branches of Faith
About Yasir Qadhi
Yasir Qadhi was born in Houston, Texas and completed his primary and secondary education in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He graduated with a B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Houston, after which he was accepted as a student at the Islamic University of Madinah. After completing a diploma in Arabic, he graduated with a B.A. from the College of Hadith and Islamic Sciences. Thereafter, he completed a M.A. in Islamic Theology from the College of Dawah, after which he returned to America and completed his doctorate, in Religious Studies, from Yale University. Currently he is teaching at Rhodes College, in Memphis, TN.