The month of Dhul Hijjah is one of the holiest months of the Islamic year where we witness increased spirituality with the sole purpose of devotion to Allah (SWT) and sincerely yearning for His rewards in huge measures. The virtuous first ten days of Dhul-Hijjah are the days that are more superior than the blessed month of Ramadan and Fridays.
The Prophet ﷺ said: “There are no days in which righteous deeds are more beloved to Allaah than these ten days.” The people asked, “Not even Jihad for the sake of Allah?” He said, “Not even jihad for the sake of Allah, except in the case of a man who went out to fight giving himself and his wealth up for the cause, and came back with nothing.”
Some of the good deeds that can be performed in these blessed days are as follows:
- Performing Hajj and Umrah
- Fasting in these days
- Saying the Takbeer often
- To repent to Allah SWT from our sins
- Extra Prayer, Qur’an and Dhikr
- Sacrificing an animal
- Pray the Eid prayer
- Appreciate the blessings of Allah, thank Allah for what he has given you and ask Allah for forgiveness for the sins committed.
- Honoring one’s parents and upholding the ties of kinship.
The month of Dhul Hijjah is an ideal time to make Dua to Allah SWT to bless us with the opportunity to perform Hajj and acceptance of the same.