Shaykh Dr. Yasir Qadhi elaborates on the topic of divorce, ways to salvage a marriage from the danger of divorce and the guidelines for a divorce as the final resort.
Marriage is one of the greatest blessings given by Allah SWT and we should always try to preserve it.
- The couple needs to communicate and address their issues with each other before bringing others into the turmoil.
- It is binding upon the spouses to overlook some minor issues and problems.
- The door of Istikhara should be approached in the event of deciding on a divorce.
Guidelines of divorce:
- Divorce has been made Haram during the menses.
- The husband and wife after the Talaq are required to live in the same house for three monthly cycles and she is not required to leave the house as is what is normally believed.
- Three divorces in one cycle is disastrous and should not be advocated or encouraged.
- Should the divorce eventually happen, then it is binding upon the husband to give a parting gift to the now ex- wife.
Listen intently to the lecture to delve deeper into the topic.