Muslim Life Hackers
âComparing to others is actually a form of violence against yourselfâ¦ it doesnât do any goodâ¦ The best thing we can do is to compare and compete against yourself. I want to be my best. I want to be better than who I was last year. Itâs not about competing with others and outdoing others, itâs about competing with myself and making sure that I am constantly in that process of self development, self improvement, excelling and achieving.â â Haleh Banani*
– What is the impostor syndrome all about?
– What causes a person to feel this way? Is it a result of low self esteem or a mix of issues?
– If someone has been given the opportunity to take on a big role/project and still feels like they donât belong there (despite having the capability). What advice would you give them in terms of overcoming this internal conflict and doing their job well?
– How does one tackle perfectionism?
– How do you internalise your accomplishments?
– How can we make sure that we are giving our best effort instead of getting caught up in aiming for unattainable perfectionism?
– Do other people really do sit and think about our mess ups?