The Sunnah of Miswak:
– Miswak or siwak?
– Highly recommended action at all times, particularly before praying and after waking up from sleep
– “The miswak is purifier of the mouth, pleasing to the Lord.” (Hadith)
– The Messenger (S) used to do miswak when he entered his house
– One of the last things the Prophet (S) did was use miswak
– Does the toothbrush count as miswak?
About Aarij Anwer
Shaikh Aarij Anwer is a specialist in morphological tafsir and Arabic. He was born in Karachi, grew up in the Greater Toronto Area and serves as an imam at Khalid Bin Al-Walid Mosque in Toronto. He holds a Bachelor of Islamic Sciences from Al-Madinah International University of Malaysia. He continues to study advanced Arabic, Fiqh and Hadith with scholars from Egypt.
He has taught Arabic to over 500 students from across the world and published a complete Arabic curriculum for Islamic schools. He’s the founder of Qutoof Academy for advanced Arabic studies.He has also published a book on the Prophet’s (S) supplications. As an AlKauthar institute instructor, he travels internationally to teach tafsir.
A registered religious official, he presides over marriages. Once a year, he leads an umrah group with a special focus on seerah and tafsir on site. He lives in Brampton, Ontario with his wife and three daughters.