Shaykh Yasir Qadhi continues about the delegations sent and we are in the final part of this topic.
The delegations are as follows:
- Banu Hanifa – The leader was Musaylimah al Khadhab
- Azd – The large tribes of Yemen, who were placed under Surad ibn Abd’Allah al Azdi
- Himyar, from Yemen
- Banu Kuld
- Christians of Najran
And many more.
Thus, we see that in the 9 H, Islam expanded considerably in Arabia such as that from Yemen, Najran, Oman, Najd etc. Hence, an Islamic State is formed and history is created in the fact that the entire Muslim Ummah is joined under one political entity.
We learn numerous things from the incidents :
- People exhibit different levels of Iman and not everyone falls in the same stature as that of Abu Bakr RA, Umar RA and more such greats of Islam.
- Masjids can also function as a place of hospitality for the Non Muslims and there is no issue with that as is seen in the case of the tribe of Taqif.
- On the arrival of delegates, the onus is upon us to host them to the best of our ability and means as deemed fit.
Series by Yasir Qadhi
- 10 Deeds to Jannah
- Ask Shaykh YQ
- Dua The Weapon of The Believer
- Fiqh of Marriage
- Fiqh of Worship
- Kitab At-Tawheed
- Lives Of The Sahaba
- Mothers of the Believers
- Ramadan 2014 - Tafsir Surah Al-Fatiha
- Ramadan 2015 - Quranic Gems
- Ramadan 2019 - Quranic Duas
- Tafseer Surah Al Kahf
- Tafsir of Surah Yusuf
- The Book of Du'a From Sahih Al-Bukhari
- The Day of Judgement
- The Life in The Barzakh
- The Message of The Quran
- Towards Understanding Surah Yusuf
- Understanding The Traditions of The Signs of Judgement Day
- Ramadan 2016 - Beautiful Names Of Allah
- Ramadan 2017 - Pearls From The Quran
- The Branches of Faith
About Yasir Qadhi
Yasir Qadhi was born in Houston, Texas and completed his primary and secondary education in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He graduated with a B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Houston, after which he was accepted as a student at the Islamic University of Madinah. After completing a diploma in Arabic, he graduated with a B.A. from the College of Hadith and Islamic Sciences. Thereafter, he completed a M.A. in Islamic Theology from the College of Dawah, after which he returned to America and completed his doctorate, in Religious Studies, from Yale University. Currently he is teaching at Rhodes College, in Memphis, TN.