Shaykh Yasir Qadhi now continues to shed light on the Conquest of Mecca and we move forward from the Prophet ﷺ arrival at Mecca.
Meanwhile, a sahaba named Hatib ibn Abi Balta’ah warns the Quraysh about the advent of the Prophet ﷺ into Mecca. Who is Hatib? He was a mawla from Yemen and now to one of the Quraysh. He had written a letter to the Quraysh which bore the same message and he asked one of the ladies to deliver this letter across in utmost secrecy.
The Prophet ﷺ was informed of this development when Allah sent Jibreel AS with the information. The Prophet ﷺ in turn appointed Zubair ibn Awwam and Ali ibn Abi Talib to retrieve the letter from the lady. When his plan is exposed, Hatib is brought in the presence of the Prophet ﷺ and we realise the actual reason behind Hatib committing such a shameful act. Be sure to be mesmerised by the response of the Prophet ﷺ to this.
There are numerous points of wisdom that is imparted via the story of Hatib and some of them can be enlisted below:
- The supreme knowledge of Allah SWT which overrides everything else that you might possibly know.
- The power of Dua.
- We have to put effort before we place our trust and belief in Allah. Only then can we be assured of help.
- The humanity of the Sahaba.
- The trait of forgiveness in the Prophet ﷺ is insurmountable.
- The importance of verifying reports before acting upon it.