Shaykh Yasir Qadhi delves into the Names of Allah related to Maghfirah. Ghafara means to cover or conceal something, or to overlook what someone has done to you and over 300 verses mention Maghfira in the Holy Qur’an.
There are atleast 7 names derived from Maghfirah – Al-Ghafur, Al-Ghaafir, Al-Ghaffar, Wasi’al Maghfirah, Ahlal Maghfirah, Dhul Maghfirah and Khairul Ghaafireen.
What is the difference between Ghaafir, Ghafur and Ghaffar?
Ghafir – the One who Forgives.
Al-Ghafur – Ghafur is the One who has the Power to Forgive no matter how large the sin. Al-Ghaffar – for quantity and frequency, He continuously does Maghfirah.
How does one want to strive to attain Allah’s Maghfirah?
- By asking for Maghfirah continuously.
- We learn to forgive others, who have done us wrong. By forgiving others, Allah will forgive us.
Series by Yasir Qadhi
- 10 Deeds to Jannah
- Ask Shaykh YQ
- Dua The Weapon of The Believer
- Fiqh of Marriage
- Fiqh of Worship
- Kitab At-Tawheed
- Lives Of The Sahaba
- Mothers of the Believers
- Ramadan 2014 - Tafsir Surah Al-Fatiha
- Ramadan 2015 - Quranic Gems
- Ramadan 2019 - Quranic Duas
- Tafseer Surah Al Kahf
- Tafsir of Surah Yusuf
- The Book of Du'a From Sahih Al-Bukhari
- The Day of Judgement
- The Life in The Barzakh
- The Message of The Quran
- Towards Understanding Surah Yusuf
- Understanding The Traditions of The Signs of Judgement Day
- Ramadan 2016 - Beautiful Names Of Allah
- Ramadan 2017 - Pearls From The Quran
- The Branches of Faith
About Yasir Qadhi
Yasir Qadhi was born in Houston, Texas and completed his primary and secondary education in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He graduated with a B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Houston, after which he was accepted as a student at the Islamic University of Madinah. After completing a diploma in Arabic, he graduated with a B.A. from the College of Hadith and Islamic Sciences. Thereafter, he completed a M.A. in Islamic Theology from the College of Dawah, after which he returned to America and completed his doctorate, in Religious Studies, from Yale University. Currently he is teaching at Rhodes College, in Memphis, TN.