Shaykh yasir Qadhi continues to shed light on Ka’b Ibn Malik and how he got his forgiveness from Allah and what transpired next.
When Ka’b Ibn Malik heard that he had been forgiven and all the Sahaba had rushed to congratulate him for the same, he rushed to meet the Prophet ﷺ where Talhah Bin Ubaidillah stood up to greet him. This was a huge moment for Ka’b and he cherished it to the most.
There are numerous benefits that one can derive from the story of this sahaba, some of which are listed below:
- The permissibility of telling the stories of sinners and repenters.
- The permissibility of boasting of your achievements.
- The continuity of the nobility of your existence.
- Narration of sins if confined to permissible limits.
- The stature of the sacrifice done by the Sahaba in the way of Islam and as a measure of complete obedience to the Prophet ﷺ.
- The measure of ur Tawbah is decisive on the measure of the guilt you feel.
- The mishaps of delays and procrastination
- The importance of commiting to always say the truth.
- Hypocrisy is valid when excuses are made to accomplish good deeds.
- Clear confrontation with your frank feelings when dealing with a Muslim.
- Necessity of being a bit harsh when required.
- Pain and suffering cleanses us of our sins.
- Victory is eminent at our weakest moment and in the darkest time.
We also derive Fiqh benefits from this beautiful story:
- The permissibility of non Muslims entering Mecca and Madinah albeit for a legitimate reason.
- Buying and selling from people of other faiths.
- Permissibility of entering the semi private property of someone when one is certain that it would not be a cause of concern or dispute.
- Sajda e Shukr
- Sharing of good news with the largest number of people one can.
Series by Yasir Qadhi
- 10 Deeds to Jannah
- Ask Shaykh YQ
- Dua The Weapon of The Believer
- Fiqh of Marriage
- Fiqh of Worship
- Kitab At-Tawheed
- Lives Of The Sahaba
- Mothers of the Believers
- Ramadan 2014 - Tafsir Surah Al-Fatiha
- Ramadan 2015 - Quranic Gems
- Ramadan 2019 - Quranic Duas
- Tafseer Surah Al Kahf
- Tafsir of Surah Yusuf
- The Book of Du'a From Sahih Al-Bukhari
- The Day of Judgement
- The Life in The Barzakh
- The Message of The Quran
- Towards Understanding Surah Yusuf
- Understanding The Traditions of The Signs of Judgement Day
- Ramadan 2016 - Beautiful Names Of Allah
- Ramadan 2017 - Pearls From The Quran
- The Branches of Faith
About Yasir Qadhi
Yasir Qadhi was born in Houston, Texas and completed his primary and secondary education in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He graduated with a B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Houston, after which he was accepted as a student at the Islamic University of Madinah. After completing a diploma in Arabic, he graduated with a B.A. from the College of Hadith and Islamic Sciences. Thereafter, he completed a M.A. in Islamic Theology from the College of Dawah, after which he returned to America and completed his doctorate, in Religious Studies, from Yale University. Currently he is teaching at Rhodes College, in Memphis, TN.