In this mesmerizing and magnanimous lecture, Shaykh Dr. Yasir Qadhi acquaints us with the reason as to how and why the noble Qur’an is the eternal living miracle of Allah. The Qur’an is the food of the soul and hence, it is our duty to establish a relationship with the Qur’an.
How is the Qur’an the greatest Miracle of Islam? We acknowledge the fact that the miracle of our Prophet ﷺ is the Qur’an. Why is his miracle the epitome of all miracles ever bestowed on any Prophet? All the previous miracles that had been given to the other Prophets were all distant from the revelation itself. But through the Qur’an, the miracle and the revelation have been combined into one.
What are the factors that make the Qur’an so miraculous?
- The language of the Qur’an – The language and style of the Arabic of the Qur’an leaves us in awe and is the epitome of sheer eloquence.
- Predictions in the Qur’an – Day of Judgment, the Quran will not be reproduced, Romans versus Persians, victory of the Romans, victory of the Muslims over Mecca, al-Badr, etc.
- Stories found in the Qur’an – How did Prophet Muhammad ﷺ know these stories? Many of these are not even in the Old and New Testaments.
- The Message of the Qur’an itself – Every single verse has meaning and is full of wisdom and teaches us something significant such as the names and the attributes to Allah.
- Scientific aspects of the Qur’an – The Quran tells us about things that the Prophet ﷺ and the people at the time could not have known such as the orbits, embryology and much more.
- The effect that the Qur’an has on its listeners – No one can listen to the Qur’an without being completely unaffected and even leads some people to embrace Islam.
- The fact that the Qur’an has no contradiction to it – The Qur’an was revealed over a period of 23 years.
- The ease by which the Qur’an is memorized- There is no other book that has been more frequently memorized as the Qur’an with over millions of Muslims doing so in its entirety. This is nothing short of a standing living walking miracle and is very much under appreciated at that.
Series by Yasir Qadhi
- 10 Deeds to Jannah
- Ask Shaykh YQ
- Dua The Weapon of The Believer
- Fiqh of Marriage
- Fiqh of Worship
- Kitab At-Tawheed
- Lives Of The Sahaba
- Mothers of the Believers
- Ramadan 2014 - Tafsir Surah Al-Fatiha
- Ramadan 2015 - Quranic Gems
- Ramadan 2019 - Quranic Duas
- Tafseer Surah Al Kahf
- Tafsir of Surah Yusuf
- The Book of Du'a From Sahih Al-Bukhari
- The Day of Judgement
- The Life in The Barzakh
- The Message of The Quran
- Towards Understanding Surah Yusuf
- Understanding The Traditions of The Signs of Judgement Day
- Ramadan 2016 - Beautiful Names Of Allah
- Ramadan 2017 - Pearls From The Quran
- The Branches of Faith
About Yasir Qadhi
Yasir Qadhi was born in Houston, Texas and completed his primary and secondary education in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He graduated with a B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Houston, after which he was accepted as a student at the Islamic University of Madinah. After completing a diploma in Arabic, he graduated with a B.A. from the College of Hadith and Islamic Sciences. Thereafter, he completed a M.A. in Islamic Theology from the College of Dawah, after which he returned to America and completed his doctorate, in Religious Studies, from Yale University. Currently he is teaching at Rhodes College, in Memphis, TN.