Shaykh Yasir Qadhi discusses the Names of Allah – At-Tawwab and Qabil At-Tawb.
The name At Tawwab has been mentioned 11 times in the Qur’an and it is paired the most times with Ar Raheem.
Tawbah is obligatory upon us and should be adopted mandatorily. Allah does not place a barrier on our Tawbah and hence, sincere repentance is the key to absolve us of our sins and misdeeds.
What does the Name At Tawwab entail?
- The One who blessed us with the concept of Tawbah or coming back to Allah. It is the best blessing that we have been gifted with.
- The One who blesses with coming back to him.
- Allah accepts our Tawbah and forgives us.
- Allah will continually forgive us. A genuine Tawbah forgives all.
- Tawbah brings us back to where we should be.
Series by Yasir Qadhi
Subscribe to Yasir Qadhi
About Yasir Qadhi
Yasir Qadhi was born in Houston, Texas and completed his primary and secondary education in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He graduated with a B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering from the University of Houston, after which he was accepted as a student at the Islamic University of Madinah. After completing a diploma in Arabic, he graduated with a B.A. from the College of Hadith and Islamic Sciences. Thereafter, he completed a M.A. in Islamic Theology from the College of Dawah, after which he returned to America and completed his doctorate, in Religious Studies, from Yale University. Currently he is teaching at Rhodes College, in Memphis, TN.